Most marketers know how to increase Facebook page likes through Facebook’s paid ad platform or tools like Baro, but there are plenty of ways to grow your likes without spending any money. This article will walk you through some free and effective ways to increase Facebook page likes.

Use images or videos as a regular port of your content strategy. Captivating and relevant images or videos can be a great way to increase engagement and can result in more page likes. Some sources claim that link posts triumph photo and video posts.

Include Facebook Page Plugin on your website or on your blog.

Engage with other pages in your niche. Post thoughtful comments as your page rather than you’re your personal profile.

Contests are still a great way to gather page likes. Promote your contest on your site and to your email list, and make liking your page a contest requirement. Contests might not bring high quality likes since there are people that just do only that – participating in contests.

Keep your posts short. A research suggests that 110-119 character long posts are the most effective. Another research suggests that 40 character long post is optimal. No wonder why Facebook limits the text in the ads to 90 characters.

Facebook groups that are related to the same field can be a great place to find prospects.

Post regularly: Posting sporadically sends the message that you’re not serious about your page. If you want people to invest in your page, you need to establish a regular pattern of posting useful and relevant content.

Make sure you have like buttons and share buttons next to all your blog posts.

Use Facebook Comments Plugin on your website or on your blog.

Link Personal Profile to your Page – make sure your personal profile is linked to your page in the Employment section of your About section.

According to this the best time to post something is during non-busy hours from 8PM to 7AM. It’s always better to test and find the optimal time for your audience.

The best days to post are Wednesdays and Sundays. Again, test it yourself and find out the best days to post an update.

Posting one to four times produces 71% higher user engagement than five or more Posts in each week for retail brands. You should experiment and find out your own posting frequency sweet spot.

To begin a dialogue with fans, ask a question. “Question” posts generate comment rates double than “non-question” posts.

“Fill in the blank” posts can generate 9 times more comments than usual posts. For ex: I like …

80% of your posts should be social the other 20% can be promotional.

Create an invite-only group of your most engaged audience members, and engage with them closer in that group.

Publish videos natively on Facebook. It favors video uploaded directly to Facebook than videos from other sources, like YouTube.

A study made by Social Bakers found out that more than 2 hashtags decreases engagement.

Use Facebook Live more often. We are going to talk about this feature in our next blog post.

UPDATE: As we promised, we've released Facebook Live tips.

Tags: Advertising Facebook